Thursday, July 7, 2011

"Better joy in a cottage than sorrow in a palace" - Proverb

With the move into our new place, I have become a bit obessed with trying to find out how I want to decorate. Although we will be in a condo- type apartment, I still want it to feel like a home. I tried this in our last apartment, however it was a bit difficult due to an impending move and trying to merge lives. Not to mention, I ended up with blue walls (do not read that the wrong way, tehe;-)). Don't get me wrong, I loved them....at the time. I can't tell you how glad I was when we moved and I knew that I would get to start from scratch in a new place and take my time decorating and creating. I consider this our first real place together since it is the first place that JJ and I picked together AND it is where we will have our first Christmas tree. I have been collecting personalized or special edition ornaments since I was very little (most given by my grandmother)  and I have been waiting for SO long to get to decorate a tree of my very own. Anyway, I digress...it is JULY after all.

As I have been researching my new home decor, I keep coming back to a cottage style. I never thought I would like something so whimsical, but it kind of makes me really happy. I am choosing white, beige, yellow and grey tones, but here are some inspiring pics that I found to help me as I create our new home. Enjoy and let me know what you think!

Love the light gray walls

Such a cute white hutch

Adore this color scheme

Love the yellow accent walls

 Our new place has a GIANT, ceramic sink and window above it similar to this one.
It make me SO happy:)
 Accent color in master room- "Secret Passage"
Accent color in dining room and laundry room- "Cornmeal"



Can't wait to see how things turns out....

xoxo,
Jess

2 comments:

  1. Are you on Pinterest? If not you should be! I have boards of inspiration ideas for different rooms, our future home, outfits ect. It is an awesome place to put everything you like in one place, that way you can see trends that you like and everything you ever need is in one place! Im a fan lol

    Lovelovelove the grey walls!

    www.pinterest.com/chelseib is my link if you want to check it out

    ReplyDelete