Tuesday, May 3, 2011

California Dreamin'....


Today's post is written by me (Jess) but on behalf of myself AND JJ.

As you all know, JJ is a musician (shocker). You may also know that Houston is not a music town in the least. Truthfully, JJ has tapped into almost every musical resource that Houston has to offer and thankfully he has the talent to actually make a living here while doing music 100% full-time. Most know him through his time at RPC, and since then, through his participation and performances in local venues and events. While he has loved all of the gigs, jobs and collaborations he has had the honor of being apart of, JJ's dream has always been to have his music heard by the masses and to share it with the world. So that is exactly what he is going to make happen.

Since the end of November 2010, we have been toying with the idea of moving out to LA when JJ was put in contact with producer, Jim Roach. After much prayer and meeting with Jim and his wife, Amy (who are awesome!), we decided to moved ahead with Jim and contract negotiations. Right now negotiations have come to a close between JJ and Jim's label, Red Parade Records (check them out!). The last step is just to sign on the dotted line. As for my part in the journey, I am actively in process to transfer out to LA with my current company (there are some exciting recent events that have unfolded in regard to this, but I will have to wait to talk about those:)).

There are still a lot of unknowns and lots of prayer that is going on, but the fact is that we ARE moving to California! As of right now, the goal is to be Cali bound no later than July (it is looking like much sooner than that), but we will keep you all posted on timelines and updates as they occur.

Please keep us in your prayers. We are nervous, excited, scared and looking forward to this adventure and fresh start. We know 100% that God has gone before this decision and has affirmed it along the way. And like I said to JJ in my wedding vows, "where you go, I will go." Soooo, here we go!

Much Love,

Jess

4 comments:

  1. you are always in our prayers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on an exciting new adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BOOOOOHOOOO I am so sad you are leaving me! Lunch dates will have to be via skype I guess.

    But, on a happy note - Cali sounds like a dream place to come visit my wonderful friends :)

    We will miss you so much! And CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun! We can't wait to visit! (and we really are going to visit!)

    ReplyDelete