Thursday, May 19, 2011

This Week in the News...

This week....

Rob and Whitney got married on Saturday and their wedding was STUNNING! I love that they branded their wedding with a "WR" logo that was fluid and repeated throughout the entire wedding and ceremony. They seriously did not miss one detail. I mean, heck, they even had Marble Slab Creamery (complete with mix-ins) for guests to enjoy... I was blown away. 

Their wedding was also an opportunity for me to get to know Dana and Jeremy Williams whom we danced the night away with. Well, Dana and I danced, JJ and Jeremy had convulsions and spasms. ;-) It was REALLY fun. 

Jeremy, Dana, Me and J

Monday night was awesome because I got to go hang out with JJ and Laura and see "Bridesmaids." I am pretty sure I have not laughed that hard from a movie in many years. It was such an enjoyable 2 hrs and I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a new flick to go see. 

After the movie, JJ and I went over to Laura and Travis's place to say goodbye. Let's just say that once the door shut, I was a basket case. I have been through 4 of the most transitional years of my life with Laura as my friend and many times, my family. We have been each others emergency contacts, have been each others bridesmaids, have gone home to each others home-towns, have had wedding initiations addressed to us TOGETHER (actually, a couple of those sound kinda sad and cat lady-esque...eh, whatever:)).  She is a treasure to me and I will be forever grateful for her, her heart and for the fact that she will be my friend for life. She will forever be my original boo.

My lingerie shower
Girl's Night!
Laura's Big Day
Kentucky for X-Mas


On another note, Wednesday night  I began my "Body by Bethenny" yoga DVD. I love it because it is only 40 minutes long. I hate it because I can only get through 13 minutes so far. It's mildly sad and I'm still praying for arms like Bethenny.



JJ and I have also been working our way through the 6th season of Weeds. We are obsessed. Truly, there is nothing God fearin' about this show but it is so nuts we can't turn away. If I was a soccer mom who decided to gain income through selling canibus, I am pretty sure I would be Nancy Botwin. 


I am very much looking forward to this weekend. I think I may get in some good QT with my husband and then Saturday night I get to go watch him play at Char House, hang with some ladies and go dancing to celebrate a sweet new friend's birthday. I am SO excited to go dancing. Honestly, the last time I actually went out dancing was in my college days and with a whole different set of convictions. I am looking forward to letting loose in a good, clean, Christian kinda way ;-)


On another note, today is my 2 month anniversary... I think he may be the one.




Until next time,

Jess <3

1 comment:

  1. I adore this post! P.S. New follower, in case you hadn't noticed.

    ReplyDelete